Dental Implants, Columbus OH
The Preferred Method for Replacing Missing Teeth
What are dental implants?
In addition to being today’s ideal tooth replacement method, dental implants help maintain the density and shape of the jawbone by supporting the soft tissues and facial structure of the cheeks, gums and lips. A bonus: dental implants allow you to chew, eat, and smile naturally and without constraint.
Dental implants can:
- Replace a complete arch of missing teeth, using bridges or dentures.
- Replace multiple missing teeth in conjunction with a bridge.
- Replace a single missing tooth.
Contact us with any questions or to schedule an appointment.
Our caring and dedicated staff can't wait to hear from you!
How Dental Implants Work
Doctors surgically place implants—root replacements made of titanium—in the jawbone, below the gum line. The titanium integrates with the bone through a process called Osseointegration. When it comes to tooth replacement options, the ability that bone has to fuse with an artificial material ensures an unmatched stability. Once the implant is carefully placed, we fix a crown, bridge or denture to the abutment that has been attached to the screw.
Are dental implants a good option for me?
The ideal candidate for this procedure depends on a variety of factors. If you answer yes to any of the following questions, you may benefit from dental implants.
- Do you have fillings or crowns that do not stay in place?
- Do you have a tooth that has significant decay?
- Do you have cracked or broken teeth?
- Do you have a partial denture or full dentures?
At Vadhi Ohio Family Dental, your comfort and safety are our top priority, so we seek to make you as comfortable as possible while reducing any anxiety you might have. We would be happy to discuss what would be best for you during your consultation.
The Dental Implant Process
The first step in the dental implant process is scheduling a consultation with Dr. Vadhi or Dr. Urell. During this initial phase of the process, we gather imaging and medical and dental histories so that we have a clear picture of your current health. Our dentists will then explore treatment options with you and make a plan that enables that both your health goals and budgetary needs are met.
Next steps may include:
- Tooth Extraction: We remove the broken or cracked tooth to provide a space for the implant.
- Bone Grafting: If there is insufficient jawbone density and structure, we will perform a bone graft.
- Dental Implant Placement: We secure the implant to your jawbone, beneath your gums.
- Abutment Placement: This connecting piece attaches the crown to the implant.
- Crown Placement: After the appropriate healing time, we will place your final crown restoration.
Implant Placement After-Care
Two weeks after surgery: Eat a diet of soft food for the first two weeks. It is important that you continue to eat even if you have no appetite. Nutrition will support the healing.
Long-term: Continue to maintain a healthy oral hygiene routine. Brushing and flossing twice a day and fluoride rinses can enable your dental implants to last a lifetime.
At Vadhi Ohio Family Dental, we are proud to offer a safe, comfortable and affordable dental implant experience. We use cutting-edge technology and latest techniques to ensure you get the treatment you deserve. For more information regarding our dental implants view our Dental Implants FAQ Page or call our office today at Columbus Office Phone Number 614-864-6000!